Jan 's Reviews > False Perceptions

False Perceptions by Michelle Heard

bookshelves: alpha-male, angst-drama, men-in-uniform, military-action, recommend

"Hell was the last place I expected to find an angel"

Firstly, I love that this book follows Evie and Rhett's story Shameless and you actually get to see them tie the knot in Hayden and Emilie's story.

False perceptions drew me in from the start, I had complete sympathy for Evie who had a cheating husband, a failed marriage previous to that and a father who was running for the presidency and treated Emilie like dirt, a rubbing rag, a puppet to help him with his campaign.

When Emilie is taken, kidnapped, locked away and tortured for information about her father, Hayden who is a Navy Seal and his team are sent to rescue her.

Emilie only knows the names of her hero's when she is rescued because she is half conscious through starvation and she knows them as Eagle, Falcon, Owl and Hawk, men who risked their lives to save her.
Following her ordeal Emilie turns her back on her father and his campaign and with a new outlook on life moves away to a tiny town to rebuild her life but never forgets her heros's especially Eagle who was the one who carried her, reassured her and is the one who visits her in her dreams, his voice is the one that soothes her in her nightmares.

Hayden and his men are shortly sent on another mission and this is where my heart ached for these men, I think I spent 20% of it in tears.

Emile and Hayden find each other again but the road to their happiness is not without heartbreak and loss.

There's further twists and turns as the plot progressed and I was captivated.

A moving and tragic story, a story of fate and unfortunate events, a story of true Heroism.

58 chapters and I was engrossed in each and every one of them.

A book that deserves as much honour as the heroes within it, I loved it.

Special Release Sale ~ getbook.at/FalsePerceptionsAmazon

A Military based romance,standalone novel told in first person dual pov and leads to a hea.

ARC RECEIVED FOR REVIEW PURPOSES

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read False Perceptions.

July 23, 2018 – Started Reading