Alvera's Reviews > The Wild Card: 7 Steps to an Educator's Creative Breakthrough

The Wild Card by Wade King

I was inspired to read this by art teacher Cassie Stephens I've gotten to know on Instagram who is doing a book study about it. It's written for educators in general, not just art educators. It has some wonderful ideas for how to engage students and better ourselves as educators, though some of it can seem intimidating and overly "pie in the sky". Still, the book is full of solid and practical advice, encouragement, enthusiasm, personal stories and heart and is a very worthwhile read. I am certain I will flip through these pages again for inspiration. <3 I love their premise that we can serve as wild cards for our students, both the kind of wild card that keeps them excited to want to come to school because they never know what crazy thing we might do next and the wild card that can enhance whatever hand they were dealt in life. And I enjoyed working on and thinking through my "why" for my classroom wall along with the others in the book club with Cassie. :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wild Card.

Started Reading