Joanna's Reviews > Timeless Tales

Timeless Tales by John D. Alexander

bookshelves: reviewed

I did not expect this to be a somewhat religious poetry book (think teaching about the way of life and being kind, trusting on God and being thankful religious).

This poetry book is separated into 3 parts. The first part, poems for your inner child, appeals more to the child within you, using characters like mice in order to teach good values. The second part, blessings for you, share the hope for happiness and aid in our daily life where there are troubles and cares. The third part and final part, heart to heart, is where Alexander shares his personal stories.

All these were written through rhymes. It was an extremely fun read as the words flow so smoothly, yet the rhymes have a deep meaning to it. Some were easy to understand and some needed a little bit of thinking. Either way, it teaches good values and encourages us to not only focus on our busy lives but to reflect on the blessings we have.

I enjoyed the way the book is divided into parts and separated by a short description. It is neat and orderly and adds to the appeal of the book. Overall, there's a wonderful selection of poems and a good amount, neither too little or too many poems. Each poem either teaches you a life lesson or bring some encouragement and hope to the reader.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Timeless Tales.

July 23, 2018 – Started Reading