Corina☞BookTwinsReviews's Reviews > Wild Hunger

Wild Hunger by Chloe Neill

liked it

I love the beginning of a new series. The possibilities and introductions. Finding out who is who and what side they belong to, good or evil. I was also looking forward to reading my first vampire/werwolf fantasy this year.

The author, Chloe Neill, is a seasoned writer. With an eye to detail she built an imaginative world that easily confirms why readers love her books so much. Wild Hunger, the first book in a spin off series, based on her acclaimed  Chicagoland Vampires, featured Elisa, daughter of Ethan and Merit, and Connor, son of the werwolf apex of Chicago. They grew up together, and the familiarity and comfort they felt around each other was plainly evident. It was a unique setup, which I greatly enjoyed. Because of their long acquaintance and friendship, there was this subtle understanding that really helped move the slow burn romance along.

Maybe because it was a first novel, the author introduced a slew of characters, that unfortunately  became a little overwhelming at times. And the dark secret that Elisa was fighting to control fizzled out before it blew my mind. But that doesn't mean that it might not turn into more in the upcoming books. I just hate it when the big revelation isn't anything special. Especially if it's a fantasy novel. I expect authors to blow my mind. Because possibilities are endless in a fantasy world.

But all in all I enjoyed Wild Hunger and I'm truly interested in seeing Elisa and Connor's journey continue. iWild Hunger was a solid performance by the author, not perfect, but a great beginning to a new series that certainly intrigued me enough to keep on reading.

✵ ✦ ✷ ✫ ✷ ✦ ✧ ✵ ✧ ✵ ✦ ✷ ✫ ✷ ✦ ✧ ✵ ✧ ✵ ✦ ✷ ✫ ✷ ✦ ✧ ✵ ✧ ✵

If you want to chat with me about books, find me on Instagram

For more of my reviews:
My Blog: Book Twins Reviews
Facebook Blog Page
Twitter

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wild Hunger.

July 23, 2018 – Shelved
July 23, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
August 8, 2018 – Started Reading
August 9, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Rebecca Great review. I loved Chicagoland and can’t wait for this one.

Corina☞BookTwinsReviews Rebecca wrote: "Great review. I loved Chicagoland and can’t wait for this one."

Thank you Rebecca - and I'm pretty sure you'll love it!!!! ♡