Brad Chinman's Reviews > By Order of the President

By Order of the President by W.E.B. Griffin

M 50x66
Dec 13, 2011

Read from December 13, 2011 to January 23, 2012

The intriguing military story of Carlos Castillo is one I could not put down. The military style of the book is great and gives a background for those who have no earlier experience. The writing includes not only what people are saying but also their inner thoughts. This book has many twists and turns that carry the reader throughout the story.
In this book a 727 is hijacked in Africa and the President is worried about what might happen to it. He sends Carlos Guillermo Castillo out to find out what has happened to the missing aircraft. Along the way we find out there are problems with another family who has relations to the Castillo's. Carlos is sent into Africa to discover what is happening with the aircraft. He ends up being put into a situation that could end up badly if he doesn't know what to do.
Carlos Castillo is a Texican and son of Medal of Honor winner Jorge Castillo. He flies helicopters for the army and Special Forces. He works as the Secretary Assistant of the President and is an agent. His mother and father are deceased and he has close relationships with his grandparents.
I thought the book was very good. It kept my interest throughout and was always adding something new to the story line. W.E.B Griffin is an excellent author and is easily able to incorporate internal dialogue into the story (Which I liked). His knowledge of military rank and requirements makes the story believable and realistic. This is an excellent book that I recommend to people who are interested in military/action books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read By Order of the President.

message 1: by Samakosky (new)

Samakosky Nice selection Bradley! Bring it with you to class Wednesday!

message 2: by Samakosky (new)

Samakosky Nice. I like that you are reading about subjects you are interested in.

message 3: by Prince (new)

Prince Rhonze I read it while in form 4.its really captivating. I won't forget Major Carlos Castillo Guerllino