Katsumi's Reviews > Tilt

5820232
Dec 13, 2011

it was ok
Read from January 30 to 31, 2012

To read the original review along with others, go to http://www.myteenreads.blogspot.com

Stan is your average sixteen-year-old guy. He wants to make the JV basketball team and has a huge crush on Janine, who is supposedly "tilted" and a "gwog" (aka a lesbian). He lives with his mother and his younger sister, Lily ever since his father abandoned them when Stan was young. His father shows up one day with Stan's half-brother and things get confusing.

I really don't have a lot to say about this book. The characters weren't well-developed and just average. The plot was a little confusing and bland. I felt like the book didn't even reach a full conclusion, and could have continued on for longer.

The way the author wrote bothered me a lot, because pretty much every sentence was a fragment. Example: "Especially if Feldon was gone." Another thing I noticed was how the author wrote in a passive voice (we just learned this in English so I'm an expert lol).

There wasn't anything really special, and I can't think of anyone to recommend this one to. The only positive thing I can say about this is that Stan was likable and there were a few humorous parts. You're probably best off skipping this one. 2 out of 5 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tilt.

Quotes Katsumi Liked

Alan Cumyn
“Sometimes solutions seemed to come out of the air.”

Alan Cumyn
“The male penis. What other penis was there?”

Alan Cumyn
“Sixteen-year-old boys were lousy lovers.”

Alan Cumyn
“Maybe when you die, that's when you learn how to use your tail and your fins," Feldon said. "You can go up to the top and have lunch.”

Alan Cumyn
“Maybe better not to say it. To just let the world fall to bits around them in the most delicious ways.”

01/30/2012 page 55