Merredith's Reviews > On a Highland Shore

Dec 13, 2011

it was ok
bookshelves: 1-or-2-stars, historical-fiction
Read from December 13 to 16, 2011

This is historical fiction, but only loosely so. I feel like it's more historical fiction romance. It was just ok... story of two sisters who were away from their village with their brother when vikings came and killed everyone. Now they must, with the help of a half irish half norse man, find their other brother, and keep everyone else safe. It was just ok. Very light. I didn't learn much about history at all, but I did learn a little. There was this whole destiny sub plotline that was highlighted at the beginning and not really carried forth through the end, especially for the younger sister. There are more books in this series, but the next one looks like the children of these ones are grown and the main characters, so I'm not sure if they'll ever resolve that. I won't be there to find out. It was good enough to finish, but not good enough to keep reading more. If you like something very light, with a bit of fighting and historical context, try it out!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read On a Highland Shore.

12/13/2011 page 70
18.0% "more historical fiction tho this 1 seems more fluffy than last."
12/15/2011 page 323
81.0% "slow build, this is gonna need a sequel.."
12/16/2011 page 400