Jeff Lanter's Reviews > Daytripper

Daytripper by Fábio Moon

Dec 13, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: graphic-novels

** spoiler alert ** After hearing great things about this graphic novel, I decided to pick it up. I'm always interested in something that is different or uses the graphic novel format in unique ways and Daytripper certainly does that. While it is an exploration of life and that makes Daytripper worthwhile, I felt like there were several surprises and emotional moments in the issues which was nice. Not all of them carry as much weight, but for me the twist at the end was often something to look forward to. My biggest problem was the ending. I won't spoil it directly, but I disagree with what Bras discovers is the secret to making life worth living. If Bras's conclusion is true, then its actually kind of depressing to someone who is not interested in having any kids at this point in their life. I don't think that is the only thing that will give my life meaning (in fact, I know it already has meaning) and that was my only real disappointment with this graphic novel. I think I am in the minority however and many people will agree with the message and love this book and that is great.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Daytripper.