Rebecca Austin's Reviews > Not the End

Not the End by Gianna Gabriela

19340210

bookshelves: review-author

Dimah Emerson was close friends with Jake Hastings since they were in elementary school together but now that they Jake is nearing the end of high school something has changed.

When Jake breaks Dimah's trust will she be able to handle the aftermath and find a way to reclaim her strength?

This was such a beautiful and heartbreaking book that finds a way to give back the strength in ourselves that we had lost.

I loved Dimah and my heart absolutely broke for what she went through with Jake. For someone that used to be so close to her to do what he did is horrifying and it happens so much in our society. The author shows how much pain Dimah is in after and how cruelly she is treated by Janice and her friends.

Aron Lincoln was there for Dimah when she wasn't even aware and I loved how he slowly gained her trust and proved that he was there for the right reasons. He gave Dimah the ability to regain some of her strength.

I loved the big showdown and how Dimah was able to get everything off her chest and with that regain her own power back. I loved how the author showed what is possible when you have even one person in your corner.

Such a beautiful book and I look forward to more!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Not the End.

July 21, 2018 – Started Reading