Sandra's Reviews > Living Oprah: My One-Year Experiment to Live as TV's Most Influential Guru Advises

Living Oprah by Robyn Okrant

F 50x66
Dec 12, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: 2012, memoirs

I'm not sure what I was expecting but what I got wasn't it. I thought the book was okay. It's a little strange that there is anyone out there that has the support/desire/money etc. to actually follow through with only doing what Oprah says for a year. The book seemed more like a year off from actual responsibilities. If I were to ever present this idea to my husband he would not be on board at all, let alone go into debt over it. I kind of liken it to reading my running magazines. If I tried to implement every single workout I "should" be doing every week, I'd run out of hours in the week in which to complete them. I don't know that Oprah ever intended anyone to follow exactly everything she said. Maybe just pick out those things that really spoke to you and try to implement them in your life. With that being said, it was an interesting social experiment and the author does explain quite nicely why she chose Oprah.

Overall, the book itself was just a Meh for me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Living Oprah.