Cal (Constant Raving Reviews)'s Reviews > Monday's Not Coming

Monday's Not Coming by Tiffany D. Jackson

bookshelves: audiobook, library
Recommended for: fans of We Were Liars

Read more bookish goodness on my book blog: Cal's Constant Raving Reviews

Trigger warnings: (view spoiler)

MY EXPERIENCE WITH THE BOOK:
I didn't think I'd give this more than 3 stars. But soon, after 1hr of listening (out of 7hrs), I felt the obsession to find Monday. What's her story? Why is nobody answering? Whenever I had to stop listening, I stomped around frustrated as if I were Claudia, our protagonist.

CHARACTERS/DYNAMICS:
Claudia: a riveting protag to follow. I was hesitant at first, as I usually don't enjoy such young perspectives (they're wildly inaccurate and out-of-touch with how 12-year-olds REALLY think). Claudia is rightfully mature for her age. She asks all the same questions I would have asked, and only found her frustrating in one scene (the sleepover/party moment).

Michael: such a sweetheart <3 I wish we saw more of Michael in this, truly.

Monday: I want to rip my hair out. I want to scream and scream and scream. She didn't deserve any of it. It breaks my heart to know her life is a reality. I want to save all abused children. God help adopt all of them please. I want to be like the Grandma from Princess Diaries 2 when she hosts like 50 girls to live in her palace.

April: I found her infuriating. But that was until the final parts of the "After". Now it all makes sense. Poor April.

Mrs.... V(I'm sorry, I listened to it on audiobook I have no idea how to spell her name): great representation of teachers, gay women, AND being an adult genuinely respecting a younger (rare these days, guys).

PLOT:
It's better to go in unknown.

STRUCTURE:

(view spoiler)

THE ENDING:
Harrowing.

IMPACT:
Jackson pulled a We Were Liars on us, yall. It's a blessing. It's also a kick in the gut, with 3 rusty knives. Thank you, Tiffany D. Jackson.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Monday's Not Coming.

July 20, 2018 – Shelved
July 20, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
July 29, 2018 – Started Reading
July 29, 2018 –
page 0
"Booktubeathon Read #2"
July 29, 2018 –
32.0% "This book is so interesting! Poor Claudia… it’s fascinating to see somebody have dyslexia too, when she’s been writing letters. Since I’m listening to this via audiobook, I haven’t been able to see her spelling and spacing."
July 30, 2018 –
37.0% "MICHAEL IS SO SWEET"
July 30, 2018 –
39.0% "Crackpot theory: Monday was raped and is hiding OR she’s pregnant."
July 31, 2018 – Shelved as: audiobook