Melissa Rose's Reviews > The Getaway Girls

The Getaway Girls by Dee MacDonald

bookshelves: blog-tours, netgalley, read-in-2018

And so, my Summer reading continues with The Getaway Girls by Dee MacDonald, and boy was it a fun read.

Right out of the gate we are introduced to the three main characters, Connie, Maggie, and Gill; who, as readers will notice, are all mature woman. Now, I don’t know about you, but I loved the fact that these adventurous protagonists were all of advanced age, it is so rare to find in literature these days; it serves as a reminder that enjoying life and new experiences aren't limited to one's 20's and 30's.

As for the actual plot, the idea of travelling around in a motorhome has always been a dream of mine. So, as a reader, it was incredibly satisfying to live vicariously through these ladies; especially when the author did such a brilliant job of painting the picturesque scenery through her writing.

However, perhaps the best part of The Getaway Girls was the characters themselves. I was uncertain at first how I would get on with Connie, Maggie, and Gill at first; but as the story developed, it was a joy to spend time with these three and watch how they grew throughout the story.

Overall, I really and truly enjoyed this novel; I couldn’t help but smile by the time I came to the last page. I can’t wait to go back and read The Runaway Wife.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Getaway Girls.

July 19, 2018 – Started Reading