emma's Reviews > Princess in Love

Princess in Love by Meg Cabot

it was ok
bookshelves: 2-stars, ya, contemporary, reviewed, eh, library, reread
Read 2 times. Last read July 18, 2018 to July 19, 2018.

Mmmmph. Okay.

So this is the worst one yet.

Which is not that hard, because the first and second books in this series were like, nonstop barrels of laughs. Real walks in the park. Amusement park levels of fun, if you're a normal person and find them to be extremely fun, and not me who sees them as Nausea Central with like an eighty dollar admission cost.

Anyway.

This was just a liiiiiittle too dramatic and repetitive. Don't get me wrong, the other two books were fun precisely because they're very dramatic and, yes, very repetitive - but this was just TOO MUCH.

Or maybe I'm just bitter because that slow burn romance I hyped up in the last review was NOT very slow-burn this time around. :(

Why not both tho.

Bottom line: Probably I'll continue this reread but now it will be BESMIRCHED by MILD DISAPPOINTMENT.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Princess in Love.

Finished Reading
July 18, 2018 – Started Reading
July 19, 2018 – Shelved
July 19, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)

message 1: by Kathryn (new) - added it

Kathryn I think this may have been the book that made me stop reading the series. Not because it was bad but because i just didn’t enjoy it as much as the first two, just like you. And i just never picked up the next one

message 2: by Tucker (new)

Tucker I still haven't read this.series though I have a feeling I'm not missing much.

emma Tucker wrote: "I still haven't read this.series though I have a feeling I'm not missing much."

this was the first time i've had less than a perfectly wonderful thrill ride of fun with this series so. you're missin somethin imo

emma Kat wrote: "I think this may have been the book that made me stop reading the series. Not because it was bad but because i just didn’t enjoy it as much as the first two, just like you. And i just never picked ..."

i think i'm going to continue w my reread but honestly i understand losing momentum after this one

message 5: by Tucker (new)

Tucker emma wrote: "Tucker wrote: "I still haven't read this.series though I have a feeling I'm not missing much."

Well, maybe i will try it. Idk. I own the first book but still haven't read it.

emma Tucker wrote: "emma wrote: "Tucker wrote: "I still haven't read this.series though I have a feeling I'm not missing much."

it's a quick read + extremely fun

message 7: by Tucker (new)

Tucker Okay.

message 8: by Ana (new)

Ana Key I used to be a huge fan of Meg Cabot, but her works have just gotten worse and worse––some of her recent stuff is unreadable.

emma Ana wrote: "I used to be a huge fan of Meg Cabot, but her works have just gotten worse and worse––some of her recent stuff is unreadable."

i haven't read any of her recent stuff but i loved her books approx 8 years ago. tragic news