Arlene Mullen's Reviews > The Dociles

The Dociles by Valerie Puri

So I have been hesitant lately to read new books, most of them have been lackluster. So when I got this book I wasn't sure what I would think. From the minute that I started reading this book I knew it was different. It reminded me alot of The Giver and Hunger Games, which are among my favorite books.
It started out with introducing Jennie. She is the main character. A strong, confident young woman. She takes care of her father and brother ever since their mother was taken. I love that she is not a weak woman and you can tell she is intelligent, brave and loving.
Next you meet Travis her little brother. He struggles with the lose of their mom. Over the course of the book he really grows as a character. He is probably the least annoying 12 year old I have read about in a while. Then you meet some sceondary characters who are just as important as the main. Bella, the best friend and Ethan the mysterious stranger. Sash and Victor the bogey men in the dark lying to everyone.
After this the story moves along at a good pace. I don't want to give away to much because it was such a good book. You do not have to read page after page of filler. The characters are introduced and explained with detail and brevity. You feel like you can picture them in you mind. I could barely put this book down. I was sad when it was over but excited that there will be 2 more.
Definitely a must read
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dociles.

Started Reading