Yna the Mood Reader's Reviews > Royally Screwed

Royally Screwed by Emma Chase

bookshelves: will-definitely-read-again
Read 2 times. Last read July 18, 2018 to July 19, 2018.

But the fact remains, the day will come when you will be a husband and a father. You will be a king. And what will Olivia be then?”

“Mine,” I growl. “She’ll be mine."

His Royal Hotness. Woot woot. I just finished reading this book and I felt like it swept me of my feet. My welcome back to Emma Chase's books felt like a whole red carpet event.

I've always been fascinated about royalty. And it's a little guilty pleasure to read contemporary novels about them.

Enter Prince Nicholas, real name too long, who came from a land suspiciously like UK. Handsome and hunky, 100% an ideal book boyfriend, with a clever mouth and a real filthy mind.

The Prince finds himself in New York, stumbled upon a cafe specializing in pies, meeting a beautiful woman who surprisingly doesn't know him. He is immediately attracted and open to the challenge. Romance ensues.

Olivia is a hardworking cafe owner/manager/baker. Someone who really loves her family and will do so much things for them. She knows she can handle things on her own. But life gave her a sweet surprise, and selfish as it might look, she let herself go and have a taste.

I am a sucker for Emma Chase's writing style. Quick wit and loads of humor. Hot hot hot scenes. Cheesy romance where it needs me. I love how she gave the readers two people who had an agreed summer-only fling, who entered something knowing it would eventually end and yet giving themselves a chance to enjoy.

I love the glimpse on maybe future characters. I'm not sure, though. I think maybe Prince Henry will have his own story. I hope.

Emma Chase gave a whole load of characters whom I fell in love with. Ellie is a such a fun sister. And Prince Henry, who is brash, like his brother, fun and yet, mysterious still. The Queen and her elegance, bravery and strength. Olivia's dad and his journey to a sober future. Simon and Franny. The guards. All of them made me smile and laugh and feel connected to the story.

I have no complaints. I came in looking for something fun, sexy and cheesy. I got it all and I'm excited to read the rest of the series.

"If you were told that the world as you knew it—life as you knew it—would end in five months, what would you do?

You’d make the most of the time you had left, of course. Do everything you wanted to do—everyone you wanted to do—for as long as you could. Until time was up.

Well…looks like I’ve got a plan, after all."

☁ THE CRITERIA ☁
🌻 Blurb/Prompt:⭐⭐⭐⭐
Royal romance. Fun, sweet and hot.
🌻 Hero:⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Bold, brave and so so hot. Good brother and good leader. Pure heart, dirty mind.
🌻 Heroine:⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Strong and independent. Quick wit and sexy attitude.
🌻 Support Characters:⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
A mix of strict and crazy. The spotlight's not really on them but you'd want to know them more.
🌻 Writing Style:⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Will make you laugh out loud, feel giddy and then make you blush with her characters' brazenness.
🌻 Character Development:⭐⭐⭐
Not much has changed. They're strong from the start. And Prince Nicholas' cheeky and shameless mouth remained till the end.
🌻 Romance:⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Perfect. Conflict was not too angsty.
🌻 Pacing:⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Just the perfect speed for me.
🌻 Ending:⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Cute and just what they deserve. A teaser of what's to come.
🌻 Page Turner:⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Could not even put my book down.
🌻 Book Cover:⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
If that's supposed to be Prince Nicholas, then wow wow wow.

☁FINAL VERDICT:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Royally Hot Stars! ☁

Just read it! 😉

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Royally Screwed.

Quotes Yna the Mood Reader Liked

Emma Chase
“The moment we walk into the suite, Tommy descends on us. “The Queen’s on the line. On Skype, Your Grace.” Anxiety rings in his voice like the ping of a tapped crystal glass. “She’s been waiting. She does’na like to be kept waiting.”

I nod briskly. “Have David bring me a scotch.”

“Oh, me too!” Henry pipes up.

“He’ll have coffee,” I tell Tommy.

And I think Henry sticks his tongue out at me behind my back.

I head into the library and he follows, seeming marginally closer to sober—at least he’s walking straight and unassisted now. I sit behind the desk and open the laptop. On the screen, my grandmother looks back at me, wearing a pale pink robe, hair in rollers and a hairnet, gray eyes piercing, her expression as friendly as the grim reaper’s.

This should be fun.

“Nicholas.” She greets me without emotion.

“Grandmother,” I return, just as flat.

“Granny!” Henry calls, like a child, coming around the desk into view. Then he proceeds to hug the computer and kiss the screen.

“Mwah! Mwah!”

“Henry, oh, Hen—” My grandmother swats the air with her hands, like he’s actually there kissing her.

And I do my damnedest not to laugh at them.

“Mwah!”

“Henry! Remember yourself! My gracious!”

“Mmmmmwah!” He perches, grinning like a fool, on the arm of my chair, forcing me to shift over. “I’m sorry, Grandmother—it’s just so good to see you”
Emma Chase, Royally Screwed

Emma Chase
“After we say our pleasantries, we disconnect and I close the screen. I boil in silence, until Henry speaks.

“So…what’s new?”

And I smack him.

Open-palmed and so hard the sound bounces off the walls.

He reaches for the spot I’d struck. “Fuck! What the hell you’d do that for?”

He jabs me with his elbow. I punch him in the ear. And the next thing I know we’re rolling on the floor, cursing and pummeling each other.

“Spoiled little fucker!”

“Miserable bastard!”

At some point during the scuffle, Logan pops his head in. “Never mind.” Then he backs out and closes the door.”
Emma Chase, Royally Screwed

July 17, 2018 – Shelved
July 17, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
July 18, 2018 – Started Reading
July 18, 2018 – Started Reading
July 18, 2018 –
2.0% "I missed Emma Chase's writing. May this not disappoint. Fingers crossed. 💕"
July 18, 2018 –
34.0% "Oh, Nicholas. I found a new book boyfriend."
July 18, 2018 –
60.0% "I'm so in love with Olivia and Nicholas that I'm so scared. I feel the conflict coming."
July 18, 2018 – Finished Reading
July 19, 2018 – Shelved as: will-definitely-read-again
July 19, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Beatrice Masaluñga yaaassss!!