Sabrina's Reviews > Shipwreck at the Bottom of the World: The Extraordinary True Story of Shackleton and The Endurance

Shipwreck at the Bottom of the World by Jennifer Armstrong

Dec 12, 2011

bookshelves: non-fiction, history, leadership-lessons, shackleton-s-way
Read in December, 2011

I am big fan of Shackleton and his story! Looking forward to a quick engaging read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shipwreck at the Bottom of the World.

12/13/2011 page 59
41.0% "Why am I so drawn to this story? Because I always root for the underdog!"
show 1 hidden update…

message 1: by P. (new)

P. Endurance by Alfred Lansing is great book. I've got Shackleton's South and Worsley's Endurance on the tbr to read! There is just something so compelling about this journey.

Sabrina I know P! I actually went to a leadership training facilitated by the author of Shackleton's Way: Leadership Lessons from the Great Antarctic Explorer. It was wonderful! Left feeling encouraged and full engaged....until I got back to the office.

message 3: by P. (new)

P. Sad, isn't it? Yet there are so few real leaders about. Lansing's book - written in the late 50's I believe - makes several comments on Shackleton's leadership ability - attributing it to unbounded self-confidence which, like a great wave carried everyone and everything aloft with him. And those few times when it faltered as well.

message 4: by MichelleCH (new) - added it

MichelleCH This looks interesting!