Jena Henry's Reviews > Cadence: A Tale of Fast Business Growth

Cadence by Pete   Williams

What happens when “doing what you love” doesn’t pay the bills? You read this book and you start pushing levers.

This is a business parable, and it’s an engaging, friendly and clear story. JJ is a great triathlon coach who had one of those light bulb moments and decided to open a high-end cycling shop. Perfect fit, right?

Not really until JJ meets Charlie, a confident and engaging entrepreneur who signs up for JJ’s triathlon training. They come to an agreement to coach each other and so they set goals- in five months, Charlie will achieve Ironman status and JJ’s bike shop profits will double.

Cadence is the pattern of rising and falling sounds in a person’s speech. In business, cadence is a regularly scheduled strategy or plan.

Many times, business success books lose me, because they are either filled with slogans or catchy language- fluff that can be hard to internalize. But Cadence presents solid actionable information in an easy to understand and easy to remember format. The humor and camaraderie between JJ and Charlie helped keep my interest. The summary at the end of the book is useful, too.

I can use this framework in my business, and actually in my personal life, too. I’d like to be 10% better in all areas!

Thanks to NetGalley and Morgan James Publishing for an ARC.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cadence.

Finished Reading