Sherida Stewart's Reviews > Her Cowboy Reunion

Her Cowboy Reunion by Ruth Logan Herne

A gripping romance.....hearts are challenged and life is experienced on a beautiful western ranch!

In her books, author Ruth Logan Herne tackles emotionally difficult subjects with compassion and grace, and this series debut, Her Cowboy Reunion, is just such a story. Lizzie Fitzgerald and Heath Caufield had a past relationship. It didn’t end well. When they find themselves working together on an isolated Idaho ranch near the downtrodden community of Shepherd’s Crossing, tensions flare and hearts are challenged.

My heart and emotions were held captive by the difficult situation the couple faced as they struggled with trust and their feelings for each other. Adding to the deepening of the story, I was fascinated with the depiction of ranch life on a large western spread and enchanted by the exuberant little boy, Zeke, and by the dear woman, Corrie. As the author does so well, this book has touching offerings of family wisdom along with gentle guidance for reviving community spirit. But best of all, I love a romance where love can conquer overwhelming difficulties...with faith as the guide toward forgiveness....and this story takes a heaping portion of forgiveness for past hurts and misunderstandings, but a beautiful conclusion awaits at the end.

Since I’ve lived in many small towns of the west, I was immediately invested in the concerns of Shepherd’s Crossing and look forward to seeing the community develop as the town faces the challenges ahead. I’m sure we’re in for more delights as the folks come together in hope, faith and love....with the greatest of these being love....in all its various expressions. A heartwarming book!

Favorite quotes: (Don’t you love these classic Ruth Logan Herne writing wisdom-isms?)
~~It wasn’t about the money or the power of heading up a high-priced property. It was about taking the right trail to get where you were going.
~~“What we’ve got in mind and what the good Lord’s got planned don’t always agree, but that’s what makes life interesting. Sometimes it’s a collision course. Other times it’s a wide, beautiful curve.”

*I was given a copy of this book with no requirement to write a review. I’m delighted to offer my honest opinions about this story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Her Cowboy Reunion.

Started Reading