Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘'s Reviews > From Here to You

From Here to You by Jamie McGuire

⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱*Disappointed*⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

I am surprised at how little I actually liked the book. How little I liked the story and the characters. Why I'm surprised? Well, Jamie McGuire gave us Travis Maddox, but apparently no one else can live up to him and specially not the former Marine, Scott ‘Scottie’ ‘Trex’ Solomon Trexler (35). He was nice and kind and all that, but there was nothing special about him, nothing that made my heart skip a beat... nothing. He just was. As for Darby Dixon (how old?)... she annoyed me. A lot. She was very back and forth, naive and I just didn't like her. I couldn't connect with her at all and I need to connect to enjoy the read. Overall, I'm disappointed and I'm 99% sure I won't continue the series. Also, insta-love. Big fucking insta-love. I had expected a slow-burn, but noooo, I of course got insta-love.
“I have a long, bad history with jerks,” she said.
“I can pretend to be one long enough to get your attention.”
“You have it.”

OTHER CHARACTERS:
Stavros, Darby's boss and owner of Colorado Springs Hotel.
Tilde, Darby's co-worker and Stavros' grandmother.
Ander, Darby's co-worker and Tilde's favorite grandson and Stavros' little brother.
Scott, Trex's dad and a Baptist preacher. Susanne, his mom, plays the piano and leads the choir. Hailey, Trex's little sister who a senior this year.
↦ Astrophysics Dr. Sybil DuPont.
↦ Senator Peter Bennett.
↦ Dr. Angus Philpot. All three works at the Cheyenne Mountain Complex.
↦ Trex, the new head of security for the Cheyenne Mountain Complex, a top-secret military installation buried deep within the granite, and his team, John Harbinger, Hayden Sloan, Terrell Kitsch, Othello Martinez, and Naomi ‘Nomes’ Abrams.
“When you know, you know, and I knew the second I saw Darby Cooke. It was the first-sight nonsense that until that moment I would've said was bullshit. Since that moment, she'd been the center of my universe, and there was so much more to get to know.”

Quick basic facts:
Genre: - (Adult) Contemporary Romance.
Series: - Series (Standalone?), Book One.
Love triangle? - (view spoiler)
Cheating? - (view spoiler)
HEA? - (view spoiler)
Favorite character? - Scott ‘Scottie’ ‘Trex’ Solomon Trexler.
Would I read more by this author/or of series? - Already have.
Would I recommend this book/series? - Not really.
Will I read this again in the future? - No.
Rating - 2 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read From Here to You.

July 17, 2018 – Shelved
September 8, 2018 – Shelved as: insta-love
September 8, 2018 – Shelved as: read-in-2018
September 8, 2018 – Shelved as: reviewed
September 9, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by Christine (new)

Christine Geez...sorry this was a bust for you. What’s next?

Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘ Christine wrote: "Geez...sorry this was a bust for you. What’s next?"

Thanks darling <3 I guess I had too high expectations :O I'm thinking of reading 'Unexpected by Sloane Kennedy'. Have you read anything of hers?

message 3: by Christine (new)

Christine Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘ wrote: "Christine wrote: "Geez...sorry this was a bust for you. What’s next?"

OMG! For some reason whenever I comment on someone else's post I don't get notifications for any additional comments made. I just discovered how to see all the comments that I have made in the past so I'm sorry it took me so long to get back to you! No I have not read any of Sloane's books.

Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘ Christine wrote: "Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘ wrote: "Christine wrote: "Geez...sorry this was a bust for you. What’s next?"

Thanks darling

OMG! For some reason whenever I comment on someone else's post I don't ge..."

It don't get notifications on that either and it's so annoying -.-