Dani's Reviews > Olympian Challenger

Olympian Challenger by Astrid Arditi

11461925
Jul 16, 2018

bookshelves: 2018-review

*I received this book from Netgalley. My review is completely my own opinions and thoughts.*

I loved this book! I'm a big fan of Greek Mythology and love stories that incorporate and of the gods or myths in their stories. The way the gods and Olympus is incorporated in this series is very unique and creative and I enjoyed it very much. This story felt like a mix of Hunger Games and Percy Jackson, so if you are a fan of either, I would definitely recommend this series.

The main character, Hope, is a very interesting character and although some of her reactions kinda made me roll my eyes, I felt she stayed true to herself and had very good growth. I also loved Kieron, although he sort of seemed the dark brooding type that is typical, but his powers and backstory was interesting enough to make me fall in love with him.

The action and description in this series was done very well. There was always something gin on which made the book hard to put down. I read it in only two days and almost couldn't go to sleep until I learned what happened next. The only problem I had with the book is how Hades was portrayed. That is a personal opinion and not something I would ever base my rating on, but I just wanted to point out that darkness and death doesn't mean evil... A lot of people believe that and it gets old very quick. The author made the gods her own, and I really enjoyed that and hope that my followers check out the book and read it too!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Olympian Challenger.

Started Reading