Shelagh's Reviews > Holly's Heart

Holly's Heart by Fiona McArthur

I’ve loved the Outback Brides series andHolly’s Heart, the last of the four stories, is a fitting end. This story is a gentle one filled with kindness and hope. Both Ben and Holly started their lives in Wirralong, Ben in a well-heeled grazing family and Holly in a single parent home. Ben has loved Holly since she was a teenager, and Holly has loved him back though she’s realistic enough to understand that if she’s to make anything of herself she needs to study and do well at school and university.
Having pushed Ben away as a teenager she is pretty mortified to see him back in town and doing the job she always dreamed she’d do herself. Ben is the town’s new doctor, while Holly, also trained as a doctor, is running the Outback Brides Coffee Shop. These two are gentle and caring people. Holly has come home with her dead sister’s twin sons, whom she has adopted, and her life revolves around helping them to overcome the loss of their mother. Ben is kind and doesn’t pressure Holly despite his ongoing love for her.
This story is almost ethereal at times. I felt as though I were floating through it. The plot is gripping but with such nice people in this story the peaks and hollows are gentle. I loved the idea of such caring people having a second chance at love themselves.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Holly's Heart.

July 14, 2018 – Started Reading