Vanessa's Reviews > Chameleon

Chameleon by Cidney Swanson

Dec 11, 2011

bookshelves: won-at-lt, my-library
Read from January 07, 2012 to February 02, 2013

Chameleon was a lot more exciting than the first book, and mostly because the story is set in France. I’ve been anticipating this since I read Rippler and found out that they are going to France and was eager to discover what Cidney Swanson brought to the table this time. She didn’t disappoint, which was no surprise at all because she obviously knew her story. With Chameleon, Cidney conveyed more action and thrill against the backdrop of several infamous France’s historical landmarks. Told in Sam’s perspective, this second book seemed flawless and truly memorable. When I read Rippler about a year ago, I couldn’t quite grasp what the whole Ripple Syndrome is all about, but in Chameleon, everything is clarified with no plot holes left. Again, as I mentioned earlier in my Rippler review, I loved the fact that Cidney blended in some real historical facts to her story so it sounded realistic and she excelled without making Ripple Syndrome seemed like a ridiculous idea. There were twists and surprises as well, as Sam finds a friend in an unlikely character.

This book didn’t end in cliffhanger, but throughout the story Sam is revealed about her ancestry and her connection with Sir Walter so it certainly left us wondering what will happen next in the final book, Unfurl.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chameleon.