Lynne's Reviews > Heroine's Journey

Heroine's Journey by Sarah Kuhn

bookshelves: science-fiction-and-fantasy, romance

Read this on the plane ride back from WorldCon.

I love, love, LOVE this series. It is the cognitive equivalent of a warm hug, a blanket, a kitty, and the best pajama pants I own. It's an auto-buy for me, and I'm very, very pleased to hear that another 3 books are in the works.

If you love good food, found family and best friends, superheroes trying to fix shit, and a collection of possessed unicorn figurines, this is yet another book for you.

This is Bea's book. Bea is younger than Evie and Aveda, and she is struggling with trying to figure out what being a grownup means for :her: especially in the context of Evie's struggle to give Bea as many opportunities as possible... whether Bea wants them or not. Meanwhile, she is trying to cope with a serious infatuation, the return of her dad, and the manifestation of some superpowers that she wasn't quite expecting.

Scenes set in a bookstore that looks suspiciously like The Ripped Bodice. Not that I'm complaining.

This is, thematically, a book about choosing hope, even when everything else feels like that's the wrong choice.

Which was exactly the book I needed. :chef's kiss:

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heroine's Journey.

July 16, 2018 – Shelved