Kim's Reviews > All the Way

All the Way by Kristen Proby

3.5 to 4 stars
This is the first book in the new Romancing Manhattan series that will feature two Cavanaugh brothers and their widower brother-in-law that run their own law firm. First up is oldest brother, Finn.

When he first meets London Watson, it is not a good time for her, nor is it an appropriate time to really pursue her. But when they meet again in another location and under different circumstances, all bets are off. Finn is charismatic, sexy, successful, and persistent. And the more involved he gets with her the more she sees he is also generous, protective, and sometimes a bit bossy and controlling.

London's whole world has been turned upside down and she is not even sure what her future is going to look like. Her Broadway career is uncertain due to an injury. But Finn is a great distraction and source of happiness. But she is strong, independent minded, stubborn, intelligent, and resistant to being managed or taken care of.

Although this is a pretty fast insta-relationship and many parts of it come together easily with few issues, they do have some problems with communication and how they respond to situations. They both like things their way and can be strong-willed in their opinions. They will have to figure out how to navigate these differences to make it work.

Finn is ready for everything and sometimes can be pushy about it. London is struggling to maintain her own identity and independence, and also dealing what to do about her career. And there is also a bit of a suspenseful sub plot adding a bit of drama.

This is a sweet, steamy, low angst romance with mature characters. It takes us from Manhattan, to Martha's Vineyard, and to LA. I liked both Finn and London even though their communication issues could be a bit frustrating. I figured out the mystery pretty early on and it kind of felt a bit rushed and anti-climactic. I also felt like the book had an abrupt ending and I could have used one more chapter or epilogue, but I know we will see more of London and Finn in upcoming books.

Her best friend, Sasha was vibrant and fun. I really liked his overprotective brother, Quinn, his late sister's husband, Carter, and his mom, and niece. I am interested to get more of these guys and their fun family dynamic in future books.

I received this book for free from edeweiss in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
Follow Me: Reviews by Tammy & Kim (Rachel and Jay) | Facebook | Twitter

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All the Way.

July 15, 2018 – Shelved