Jessica's Reviews > Ghoul Interrupted

Ghoul Interrupted by Victoria Laurie

Dec 11, 2011

liked it
Read on March 12, 2012

Overall, I like this series by Victoria Laurie, and this was definitely up there with the rest of them. My only complaint, and it is one that I not only have with this series, but typically have with mysteries in general, is that it always seems to be all of these little clues and red herrings, with much confusion about what's going on, and then once the culprit has been found and taken care of, thre is a big information dump: 'well, I figured out it was Mr. X when..." to explain what took place. It's like an episode of Scooby Doo, where it's all a mystery until the end when they unmask the spook and explain how all the clues they've found led them to figure things out. Now, that being said, I really like the series, and this story was no different. I like all of the characters (MJ can be a bit stubborn and pig-headed, and therefore not make the best decisions at times, but I think it adds to her overall character, rather than detracting, at least most of the time), and Gilley's antics can get to be a bit much at times (generally funny, but there are times when I'm surprised MJ doesn't smack him upside the head Gibbs-style more often), but overall, I love MJ, Gilley, and Heath (and who wouldn't want a boyfriend like Heath, really). The doses of humor sprinkled throughout are welcome respites from the action and suspense. And the mix of mystery with the supernatural elements is right up my alley.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ghoul Interrupted.