Sandra Stiles's Reviews > The Final Hour

The Final Hour by Andrew Klavan

Dec 11, 2011

bookshelves: adventure, young-adult
Read in November, 2011

This is the last book in the Homelander Series. Charlie West is in prison. He is accused of a crime he didn't commit. Every day he is in prison is another day he must survive. It seems everyone is after him. The different groups such as the White Supremists, the Islamic prisoners and the guards are all after him for one reason or another.
He's lost so much of his life, and memory throughout this series. Just when he starts putting it all back together he ends up in prison and feels abandoned. He starts questioning his faith like any normal human would do. He realizes that is all he really has to hold on to at the time.

One of my students, after reading the first two books said, Wow this book has everything a kid could like in a book. It has fighting, and running from the police and the bad guys. As an adult I could say the story was a bit unbelievable. However, as a teacher I have learned that my students want that element of unbelief. They need to feel like teens can come out the hero at times.
Anxious to return to his normal teenage life, Charlie realizes he must fight the forces of evil to help save the residents of New York City before he can return home to his loving family and girlfriend.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Final Hour.