Nicole's Reviews > Nine While Nine (The Nine While Nine Legacy)

Nine While Nine (The Nine While Nine Legacy) by Stasia Morineaux

Isabeau Finne's perfect world utterly unravels when she meets Death's right-hand man one fateful night, spiralling her life into a world of chaos and the impossible. Suddenly, she is no longer Isabeau and becomes part of the most secretive inner-workings of Death itself, as well as an otherworldly dominion of ancient magic. Now beings- which we were taught as children were merely fictional creations of wildly whimsical minds- are edging their way into her world as well. Buggans and Kobolds and Vargs... Oh my! She yearns of the simplicity of her old life- this one is full of dangers, unanswered questions and cryptic dreams. After one particularly anomalous dream in which she learns of the Nine While Nine Legacy, things become truly precarious. Now, someone sees her as a risk... a threat... and wants to eliminate her. Fortunately she falls under the protection of Gideon- unless she leaves his territory- which is the one thing she wants the most... and wants the least.

This E-ARC was sent to me by Parliament House Publishing in exchange for an honest review.

And honestly, I'm blown away. From the first sample chapter Stasia sent me, I've been hooked, waiting anxiously for the ARC to arrive in my inbox, and then desperately trying to get out of my reading slump so I could read it.
Nine While Nine has everything I want in a good YA Fantasy, (and being Scottish, having wee references thrown in there doesn't hurt to sweeten the deal) from mythical lands to strange new powers and forbidden romance.
Isabeau is relatable in her actions and though processes, and is a generally likeable character. Stasia has avoided the pitfall of creating a Mary-Sue female lead, which is all too easy to do in fantasy.
This book is a fantastic first instalment in what I don't doubt will be a fantastic series- get your pre-order in, everyone, because this is definitely one you want for your shelves!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nine While Nine (The Nine While Nine Legacy).

July 14, 2018 – Started Reading