Annalisa Crawford's Reviews > Hear What You Want

Hear What You Want by Kyra Lennon

bookshelves: beta-read

I was offered the chance to read this book before publication by the author. And I'm happy to say it's another fantastic novel.

If you've read my reviews of Kyra Lennon's other books, you'll know I love the way she creates such perfectly-rounded characters that you could easily imagine a night in a pub or a natter over a hot chocolate with. This story is darker than her previous work, dealing with the fallout of a night the two main characters can't remember and how social media can swing public opinion in an instant. It's a timely novel that invokes the recent #MeToo movement.

There are twists and turns abound in this book, and more than once did I find myself - after reading and while making myself a cuppa or dusting - thinking about the possibilities as the next twist revealed itself.

I wasn't prepared for the cliffhanger ending, I admit, even though I knew we were running out of words and the book is numbered #1. So, if you're as unobservant as me, you might want to note that :-)

All in all, Kyra Lennon's style, scope and courage is maturing very nicely.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hear What You Want.

Started Reading
July 14, 2018 – Shelved
July 14, 2018 – Shelved as: beta-read
July 14, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Pradeep (new)

Pradeep Nair Came here via your blog. The plot is interesting. Since it's pegged to social media, it's very relevant to current times as well. Thanks for sharing.

Tsering  Ngoedup social media