Glenn Kleier's Reviews > Stir, Laugh, Repeat: Finding Joy While Playing in the Kitchen

Stir, Laugh, Repeat by Martha A. Cheves

Dec 11, 2011

My wife and I were vacationing in the Hudson Valley recently and stopped at a quintessential northeastern town for lunch. Afterwards we browsed an antique store where we bought a very old and heavy wooden rolling pin. I thought at the time, what fascinating stories and recipes this antique must hold. Now I've some idea. "Stir, Laugh, Repeat" is a cookbook that delivers not only delicious snacks, meals and desserts, but stories behind them--real life events that contribute as much to the experience of preparing the meals as the recipes themselves. Martha Cheves has a refreshing sense of humor, a sweet lady--like having a favorite relative in the kitchen advising you. ("Chuck's Fruit Salad" is a quick fix and a favorite). "Stir, Lauch, Repeat" would make a nice stocking stuffer for anyone you know who'd enjoy a warm and friendly hand in the kitchen.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stir, Laugh, Repeat.