Bev 's Reviews > Darkest Heart

Darkest Heart by Juliette Cross

When I started Darkest Heart I was a little afraid that Anya was going to be this Little Miss Perfect goodie two shoes. And whilst she's the good to Dommiel's bad, the light to his dark, she is in no way Little Miss Perfect. This girlie has some serious badass going on, and wasn't afraid to fight to the death for what she wanted.

"I knew he was afraid, and I accepted that. But I wouldn't accept him pulling away from what was happening between us. It was precious and rare"

Dommiel .... sigh. Be still my beating heart....

"I'd never drop you." Her mouth flattened as she gripped me even tighter. "I'd never let you go." ...........
"Then take me to the stars, baby"

I so love me an anti-hero, especially one that underneath it all there's still that inherent goodness. Dommiel had that in spades despite his living on the knife edge of good and evil.

So, Darkest Heart is a slow burn romance. Paranormal/fantasy romances can tend to be a bit on the insta-everything side, Darkest Heart is anything but. There's a lot of world building in this one along with a suspense plot running through, twists and turns aplenty and lots of characters. I think this slowed things down for me at times, I just wanted them to get to Uriel without all the side battles .... I'm impatient like that 😜

Arc received from Netgalley for review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Darkest Heart.

July 13, 2018 – Started Reading
July 13, 2018 – Shelved
July 21, 2018 –
July 22, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)

Mindy Lou's Book Review I’m looking forward to your review. I got this one on my list to read soon. 🙂

Bev Really liking it so far, the world building is so good. And the slow burn has been just how I love it.

Mindy Lou's Book Review Bev wrote: "Really liking it so far, the world building is so good. And the slow burn has been just how I love it."

I’ve heard good things of this author. I’m glad you are enjoying it.

Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog Enjoy Hun!
💖💖💖💖

Bev Patty Belongs To Kellan~Jesse~Lautner~Miller~Jack~Racer~Rafe~Liam~Prince Nicholas~Hayes~Simon~Gianluca & Archer wrote: "Enjoy Hun!
💖💖💖💖"

Thanks love

message 6: by Barbara➰ (new)

Barbara➰ Great review Bev!

Bev Barbara➰ wrote: "Great review Bev!"

Thanks Barbara x

message 8: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Great review Bev ! ;) xoxo

Bev Wendy wrote: "Great review Bev ! ;) xoxo"

Thanks Wendy x

message 10: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Lesar Anti-hero’s, badasses, twists and turns...how can I resist? My TBr hates you by the way 😉

Bev Lorraine wrote: "Anti-hero’s, badasses, twists and turns...how can I resist? My TBr hates you by the way 😉"

Just getting my own back on you 😜😂😂

message 12: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Lesar Bev wrote: "Lorraine wrote: "Anti-hero’s, badasses, twists and turns...how can I resist? My TBr hates you by the way 😉"

Just getting my own back on you 😜😂😂"

Seems fair (in a twisted sort of way). 😂