Vesper Dreams's Reviews > I Do Not Trust You

I Do Not Trust You by Laura J. Burns

See this review and more by clicking the logo!

Upon being contacted by the publisher via e-mail, I was already interested in I Do Not Trust You. After all, I really enjoyed reading Metz & Burns' Sanctuary Bay. I'm not really known for delving into adventure-like stories, but because of the authors, I decided to try it out. I mean, what isn't interesting about lost languages and ancient cults?!

I absolutely love M. As your usual headstrong character, M is one bad ass I wouldn't want to pick a fight with, but could absolutely see myself being friends with. Her knowledge of the world, lost languages, and much more was envious. She was a strong, believable, and lovable character so it was pretty easy to hold on for the ride the story would send us on together.

The plot was unique and sure, it has the good vs. evil feel to it, but everything else about it, especially for the Young Adult genre, was very well done. I always love books that teach you along the way and to be honest, I'm not sure how accurate everything said in the book is, but I certainly felt like I was learning about world history. Seriously... Ms. Metz & Burns, how accurate is the information in this book?!

It's easy to say that I really had a blast with this one. Metz and Burns kept me invested in their story once more, bringing me on an adventure with their characters. It was like a mixture of Uncharted, Tomb Raider, and Indiana Jones all balled into one. The adventure aspect of it was great and being able to go through the journey was what I needed after the isolation I've been in for quite some time now. I absolutely cannot wait to see what else Metz and Burns come up with for their next book!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Do Not Trust You.

July 13, 2018 – Shelved
July 13, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
August 10, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
September 7, 2018 – Started Reading
September 7, 2018 –
September 8, 2018 –
September 9, 2018 –
60.0% "I can say I've never been this invested in a story in a LONG time."
September 9, 2018 –