Carol***BeautyandtheBeastlyBooks's Reviews > Church.

Church. by Stylo Fantome

***ARC received in exchange of an honest opinion***

This book is so completely f***ed up in the best possible ways!!!

I've been a fan of Stylo Fantôme since before the release of her first book, Degradation, which I rean an ARC of. For me, she was always the kind of author who could deliver these "different" kind of stories.

And I've always been a really big fan of dark romances, until I stopped reading them, since it became kind of a "theme". I was nicknamed the "Dark Queen" by my reader friends. I LOVED mind-f***s, but stopped reading them because they all started to feel the same to me, and not dark enough.

But now I think I was waiting for a dark, mind-f**ck by one of my favorite authors. I think Stylo is very versatile, because she can write in many different genres, but in my opinion her writing THRIVES with these different books. And with Church, I'm simply really glad she wrote this kind of dark story, because I'm so in love with it.

The story is so "wrong" you start feeling like you, the reader, is crazy for thinking everything that is going on is okay. Or even when it isn't you root for it to be. And then everything just clicks. You think you have an idea what the story is about, but all these pieces come together and HOLY PLOT TWIST.

The story is not dark for the sake of being dark. And the characters aren't just f**ed up, you get to know the reason and everything just makes so much sense.

I'm so excited about this book! It's been a while since I've written a review right after I've finished a book and right now I just can't stop. I can't stop thinking about this story and all the possibilities. I can't shut my mind up! SO GOOD!

This. This type of book is what makes reading worth it for me!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Church..

July 13, 2018 – Started Reading