Madelene's Reviews > History of a Pleasure Seeker

History of a Pleasure Seeker by Richard       Mason

Dec 11, 2011

bookshelves: favourite, seduction-charms, beauty, erotica, travel, belle-epoque, relationship, splendid-cover, survival

I am infinitely drawn to art and to start off with, the art cover of this book is a plus!

However, the title of the book may be a little too obvious on first impression, but this book is really so much more than that! It consist of many elementary components, such as .... 1)human interaction, 2)survival instincts, 3) judge of character, 4) confidence, 5)determination ... and the oh-so-true motto - if you never try, you'll never know, amongst many others. This book has a good built of character on how to think on your feet and making your own fortune in life, as oppose to just accepting one's fate.

The plot is smooth, the characters are interesting and some, very beguiling and bewitching! Throughout the whole read, it has indeed fed my imagination tremendously well, from the intricate details of the Belle Epoque era, which is full of admirable conversation, arty details and costume appreciation. This book, by far, is my favourite read for this year!

I am bewitched! And am waiting in anticipation for the sequel.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read History of a Pleasure Seeker.

Finished Reading