Ashlee » Library In The Country's Reviews > Blade & Rose

Blade & Rose by Miranda Honfleur

One thing I am always looking for is fantasy stories with a new adult vibe. This book absolutely fits that bill and I loved it! This is the type that I could binge and binge and binge on and I am definitely looking forward to the next.

My only caveats are that it’s a little insta-lovey, there could be clearer world building and it probably doesn’t need to be 600+ pages long. However, the characters have riveting back stories and the pacing is on point. This book does not stop giving in the action department. It’s a non stop ride!

Note that this book does have a heavy romance subplot and trigger warning for physical abuse and sexual manipulation/abuse. These are not terribly huge aspects of the plot.

I love the complex relationships between the characters in this and the author did a fine job of giving some of the more morally gray characters redeeming qualities that kept you guessing at your own loyalties.

Overall I HIGHLY recommend this if you’re looking for a book with an adult atmosphere but more YA fantasy vibes. This is it! I am DYING to start the next one but I have other books I’m obligated to read first and it’s killing me!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blade & Rose.

July 13, 2018 – Shelved
July 13, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
February 10, 2019 – Started Reading
February 11, 2019 –
page 315
46.46% "This book is absolutely addicting.

A little insta-lovey but with an intriguing cast of characters and fast pacing. I am in trouble because this is super binge-worthy and I have books I need to buddy read! 😂 I can’t stop."
February 14, 2019 –
page 531
78.32% "WHAT!? 😭 and here I was starting to warm up to Brennan."
February 14, 2019 –