Momo's Reviews > Night

Night by Elie Wiesel

5119056
Dec 10, 2011

Read from December 10 to 11, 2011

This novel is undoubtedly a must-read, no matter how heavily the truth of its words may weigh on your soul. Wiesel’s telling of his journey through man-made hell is remarkable and tragic. In a short 120 pages, this truthful portrayal of both sides of human nature (the darkest evil and the deepest strength to survive it) will render you speechless.

It’s inspirational; the strength that can be found in the human heart; the capacity and power of will; the unbreakable devotion that can form between one battered soul and another. When all is stripped away, what is left at the core of human existence? The answer can be beautiful or terrifying, and therein lies my diverse range of emotions encountered whenever reading books involving the horrific Holocaust.

I can’t even bring myself to write more about it. Words escape me. How can this true story be deemed anything less than magnificently heartbreaking?

I gave this book a 5-star rating because it’s a raw and honest telling of what very well may be the darkest period of shame in human history.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Night.

12/10/2011 page 22
18.0% "Already know this is going to rip my heart out"