Anna Theurer (Anna's Bookshelf)'s Reviews > Wycked Rumors

Wycked Rumors by Wynne Roman

This is book 2 in the Wycked Obsession rockstar series. It can be read as a standalone, but there are some underlying themes that continue from the first book so I do recommend starting at the beginning.

London, recently graduated from college is the new PR manager for the band. She has dealt with a lot of judgment due to her unconventional family background and is weary about love and one-night stands. Knox is the lead guitarist and somewhat leader of the band who feels like he always needs to be in control.

The meeting between London and Knox in chapter 1 is priceless! It was epic! If you read book 1, you will see a few of the scenes that involve Ajia and Bree, but from Knox’s POV. To be honest, Knox made me angry a fair amount in book 1 with his insane overprotectiveness of his sister (although given their crazy lifestyle, I wouldn’t want my sister exposed either!) and the way he handled the relationship between her and his bandmate. I didn’t find him very likable in the beginning of this due to his quick temper. However, as the book progressed, I came to love him. I am a control freak and I could understand that for when he feels a lack of control, he lashes out. I enjoyed watching him learn to come to grips with not always being in control and to also open up to London.

London is a fun character. Yes, she is unprofessional in giving into their passion right off the bat, but she falls in love with him while being a professional outside their relationship. She has good ideas on handling the rumors, but admits when she needs Baz’s help, after all, she is new in the field.

There is a lot of drama to keep things moving at a good pace - all the rumors that seems to keep flying and then issues with Zayne (I can’t wait for his book!) and someone from Knox’s background among other things. London and Knox have amazing chemistry together and the sex scenes are hot! I also enjoyed seeing and learning more about the other band members.

*Warning: this book touches upon pregnancy loss*

The next book is about Noah and we all know how he loves his threesomes. There is a sample at the back of the book. The prologue broke my heart for Paige and I cannot wait to read their story!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wycked Rumors.

July 12, 2018 – Started Reading