Meep's Reviews > Follow Him Home

Follow Him Home by P.W. Davies

liked it
bookshelves: promo-deals

Tricky one to rate. Not sure if I'm rating up or down!

It's an entertaining read and I'd certainly consider another by this author collaboration. Yet there has to be a very definite suspension of disbelief and not only with regards to one being an assassin. While I liked the book I find I'm picking out more negatives than positives when sitting to review.

Dr Peter was for me less convincing a character than our assassin! A doctor whose chosen career is 'helping people' being so blasé regarding a dates career killing people. Something disclosed very early in their meetings. Before you throw in the long-time (open-relationship) partner. Not one crisis of conscience and freely discussing it all with a friend. Casually walking into potential danger and discussing it with unknown quantities.

The dating is quick-quick. One date with one Christian, then a date with the Victor that for me was too much about Christian and not enough about the two bonding, but a concept I liked. Think it could have done with a bit more tension regarding the relationships, this is insta-insta times two squared though the three don't get it on as a threesome until close to the end.

Somehow though it's very readable, the only writing quibble I had was much dreaded use of 'the taller man' 'the other man'... which was troublesome at one point when I found myself wondering who was the tallest and had we actually seen one of them standing up at this point in order to even know.

It's flawed, but I did like it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Follow Him Home.

July 12, 2018 – Shelved
July 12, 2018 – Shelved as: own-to-read
July 12, 2018 – Shelved as: promo-deals
July 13, 2018 – Started Reading
July 13, 2018 –
82.0% "Mixed opinion on this one."
July 20, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

Meep Currently Free on Amazon - 12July'18

message 2: by LOLA (new) - added it

LOLA Good review👍.
Might give it a go.😺

Meep LOLA wrote: "Good review👍.
Might give it a go.😺"

It's well worth a look, hope you like it :)