Ruthie Taylor's Reviews > Freed

Freed by Carly Phillips

~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

This is the third book in the series, and I would suggest that you really need to read the books in order. We know some of Juliette's early life from Phoebe and Halley's stories, and we know that they are very keen to find her too - that is, I think quite important, as it makes their attitude towards her arrival much easier to understand.

Obviously we know from the start the difficult position that Braden finds himself in, and it was easy to commiserate with him, as he struggled with how to explain everything. Carly Phillips is very good at ramping up the tension, and finding the perfect way to resolve it. Halley is the right sister to give the right advice, although I think that their aunt would have been a good person to speak to as well. I wish we had had more of her in this book, as she would have understood Juliette's upbringing well, and been supportive.

The other interesting character to consider is Juliette's father. His behaviour towards Juliette is initially overprotective, but seemingly caring, but by the end, we really do have to question his sanity. I found this rather ironic, and sad in the light of Braden's father's condition. Lots to think about there.

Clearly the chemistry between Braden and Juliette is off the charts, and it is really fun reading about them ticking off her wish list, in the most sensual of ways. I look forward to reading more about them in future installments - because thankfully, just because the sisters are reunited does not mean that there are not other people worthy of love in Rosewood Bay!

Wicked Reads Review Team
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Freed.

Started Reading