CeCe's Reviews > Ten Thousand Truths

Ten Thousand Truths by Kelli Jean

liked it
bookshelves: amazon-ku, criminal-activity, dual-pov, wishy-washy-hero, trigger-warning, romance, read-2018, pining

** spoiler alert ** Some parts were good, some parts were okay. In the end, I don't think this couple should be together. The hero's ex-gf (the heroine's ex-college roommate) is mentioned majority of the time in the book. A lot of pining.

The heroine meets the hero while her college roommate is dating him. He does not remember the heroine since she was sick with the flu when he first met her. The heroine was attracted to him from the moment she saw him. Fast forward 11 years, the college roommate marries someone else and the hero pines for the ex-gf. Then he sees the heroine, does not remember her, but feels an attraction to her.

The heroine is severely scarred and in witness protection because her parents were murdered and they were secret agents.

There is suspense. Who killed the the heroine's family, but only scarred her.

Trigger warning. (view spoiler)

In the end, I don't believe in the hero and heroine should be together. (view spoiler) Also, I think he will always have a "thing" for the ex. Anytime he wanted to move forward with the heroine, he always questioned the love he had for the ex-girlfriend. GET OVER IT!!! My opinion.
The groveling was weak.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ten Thousand Truths.

July 12, 2018 – Started Reading
July 12, 2018 – Shelved
July 12, 2018 –
20.0% "A lot of pining for the ex-girlfriend."
July 12, 2018 –
99.0% "I finished. It was okay. I just do not believe that these two will have an HEA."
July 14, 2018 – Shelved as: amazon-ku