Danielle R (Spellbound Stories)'s Reviews > The Devil Don't Sleep

The Devil Don't Sleep by Janine Infante Bosco

bookshelves: mc

description

The Devil Don’t Sleep is my first book by Janine Infante Bosco. I own several of her books, but as a blogger, I tend to keep a very full calendar and unfortunately reading off my TBR often gets put to the side. So, when I was given the opportunity to read an advanced copy of The Devil Don’t Sleep, I jumped all over it. Now I understand what all the hype is about. Janine Infante Bosco writes passionate love stories that keep you entertained from beginning to end. The Devil Don’t Sleep is a second chance romance – and I don’t know about you – but I am a total sucker for second chance love stories. Bas and Mac have a lot of history and five years apart has done nothing except intensify their relationship, or that’s what Bas is expecting when he walks into his clubhouse after being incarcerated for his club. Only finding Mac, obviously pregnant, within his brother’s arms is not part of the plan. The only way Bas could deal was to not see her… them… So, he’s transferred to another chapter. Now, six years have passed and Mac’s in danger – a danger that extends to her only child, Ryder. Bas doesn’t hesitate to come for Mac and Ryder when he's apprised of the situation. Although the pair seem anything but friendly, fires still burn beneath the surface. When the two finally come together, they do so in spectacular fashion – Mac armed with the secrets of her past and Bas with six years of hatred – but can secrets and hatred triumph over true love? Well, you’ll have to read the book for the answers to that question…

In the meantime, I can tell you what I loved about The Devil Don’t Sleep. First, this book is packed with emotions: angst, heartbreak, unrequited love, anger, deep and consuming love…you get the picture. The story truly was a rollercoaster as readers experience a rapid succession of emotions. The Devil Don’t Sleep is told in duel perspectives and I loved that the first voice we hear is Bas, our hero. Of the two principle characters, I found myself more sympathetic towards Bas for some reason. However, my heart broke for Mac when she finally reveals the secrets that drove such a huge wedge between her and Bas. I am a huge fan of MC romance and while The Devil Don’t Sleep focused less on MC life than some that I have read, it still satisfied my need for this genre. And please don’t mistake my comment about focusing less on MC life… This book is absolutely an MC Romance. Bosco writes a story that captures you in its snare almost immediately. Although the pace was a little slow for me in a few places, overall its fairly consistent. The plot kept me guessing from start to finish and the unpredictability was another reason I LOVED the story. The characters – Bas and Mac had enough sparks between them to start a fire. While this story is a slow-burn, when the time comes for Bas and Mac to reconnect… WOW!

If you’re a fan of MC romance, you’ll definitely want to read The Devil Don’t Sleep. As I was new to Janine Infante Bosco, I can’t compare this book to one of her previous works. What I can tell you is that this is a great way to pass the time and that I intend to bump up the books that I already own that were written by Bosco to the top of my TBR… 😉

description

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Devil Don't Sleep.

Finished Reading