Ye Lin Aung's Reviews > Thet Thant Toh Phit Yae Phwe Chit Thu Yae Chone Hlwar

Thet Thant Toh Phit Yae Phwe Chit Thu Yae Chone Hlwar by Ju (ဂျူး)

22920556

liked it
bookshelves: read-2018, myanmar-books

The story revolves around a beautiful, hand-made blanket, two sisters, and daughter of the elder sister. Each chapter goes back and forth between the characters and different timelines.

Full of facts about how a non-power loom (lat yat kan) and how the cotton is hand-washed and dyed. Given that I just came back from the village which business is around loom and fabric, I could relate and appreciate all of that. Until...

BELOW ARE (MAYBE) SPOILERS FOR YOU. I suggest you read it only after you've read the book.

I hate the feeling that I know how this book is going to end terribly because it's been dragging on for so long and there is like 10 pages left until the end of the book. And it ended so abruptly that I don't want to live on this planet anymore. Okay. I am exaggerating but if you have read it, you would understand me. It doesn't give me closures. It doesn't continue with the newly created character story just before the ending. And ... man some stuff is just so clingy and not my cup of tea at all.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Thet Thant Toh Phit Yae Phwe Chit Thu Yae Chone Hlwar.

July 11, 2018 – Started Reading
July 11, 2018 – Shelved
July 11, 2018 – Shelved as: read-2018
July 11, 2018 – Shelved as: myanmar-books
July 11, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)

Thida I've just finished it but I skipped some or nearly half of the chapters because I got bored. It's like the author wants to say many things but she doesn't want to say what happened to each main character she has introduced.

When I think about her last book, I only remember the lavender fields. I think I will only remember the handmade weaving when I think about this book in the future.

Ye Lin Aung Exactly! Honestly, I feel the same for her previous book. Her work after Thu Min Ko Bal Taut Mha were not very good (to me, at least)

Theingi Lynn Agree with you on how it ended. A new character popped up at last two chapters and ended so fast.

message 4: by May (new) - rated it 3 stars

May San Aung Totally agree! Why did she make us suffer like this??😢
There are still lots of gaps to fill!

Hnin Set Phyu It needs more closure! Phyu phyu lwin and nyi han moe's story was totally random and whybis Phoe Khwar even in there. Except for shin loon's story, the other ones feel like they were ended randomly.

Shwe HninSi I just finished the book and I gave the same feeling. I was like where in the world that “ Mya Kay Mon “ came from and I didn’t get closures.

Ye Lin Aung I guess we just gotta continue reading her future books, with the hope that one of them might turn out to be good :)