Virginia Books's Reviews > Pisces Hooks Taurus

Pisces Hooks Taurus by Anyta Sunday

19380470

bookshelves: lgbt, my-rambles, personal-arcs

This is a sweet and funny gay romcom full of misunderstandings—and misadventures—where a cute kiwi is trying to find true love in the USA.
The thing is, his dream world is full of frogs not ready for him and his romantic intentions. Till HE comes to play. Beckett (my Beckett, for future references). The hot teacher, the gentleman, the super educated man who loves literature and wine. His opposite? Could be... in some way, since Zane is not that smart. But he compensated his lack of knowledge with the biggest heart ever. And he awakes all the tender in the world.
So, what is the problem with the yummy clever teacher? Well, he’s a broken bull who doesn’t believe in true love and between his reluctance and Zane’s oblivion... well, imagine the kind of things they will drive into.
It’s a good thing that Beckett is not a regular frog. It’s a studious one, all elegance and intelligence.

Pisces Hooks Taurus is funny, sweet, lovely, and full of good banter. It is slow burn at its best with heartwarming situations and a few sexy ones.

This is —with Leo Loves Aries— my favorite in this series. I gave Scorpio Hates Virgo 4 stars and Gemini Keeps Capricorn 4.5, so I know the difference is not huge but something about this book got me from the beginning. I don’t know if it was the top notch humor or the image of that big handsome guy being cute and romantic as hell and oh so lost in a world full of sharks (and frogs).

And I’m so kind that I’ll leave here another pic of my new book boyfriend: Beckett (please note how much in love he looks):

A highly recommend read!

▶️

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pisces Hooks Taurus.

Finished Reading
July 11, 2018 – Shelved
July 11, 2018 – Shelved as: new-releases-to-check
July 11, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
July 11, 2018 – Shelved as: lgbt
August 18, 2018 – Shelved as: my-rambles
August 18, 2018 – Shelved as: personal-arcs

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)

message 1: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Lesar Wonderful review and I totally understand that he’s your Beckett 😉

Meags “My Beckett”... if I didn’t adore you so, I might have to fight you for him! Lol. Lovely review, friend. 😘

message 3: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Lesar I’m keeping well out of this one, just let me know the outcome, or....if you need a referee? 😂😂😂

message 4: by Simone (last edited Aug 18, 2018 02:58AM) (new)

Simone Okay, note to self: Simone, keep your hands off Beckett! On the other hand, when two people quarrel... LOL.
Amazing review, sweetie, and I love your cute little frog. :)

Meags Guys, guys, guys.. I adore Vir enough to let her have this one. It's a huge sacrifice on my part, but she found him first and I have to respect that. lol

message 6: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Lesar Meags wrote: "Guys, guys, guys.. I adore Vir enough to let her have this one. It's a huge sacrifice on my part, but she found him first and I have to respect that. lol"

Martyr. From hence forth, you shall be known as St. Meags of Beckett.
😂😂😂

message 7: by Virginia Books (last edited Aug 18, 2018 05:33AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Virginia Books Ladies! LMAO
First of all: I adore Meags and she knows she’s one of the best friends I met here BUT she is only giving up Beckett because she’s Zane’s . He was her fave, not my hot teacher! So the sacrifice is not that huge... you know? xD BUT (another one, yes) Meags and I can share both. I love Zane too !
Simone, read Anyta! Lorraine, keep going with the series!

message 8: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Lesar Virginia Books wrote: "Ladies! LMAO

True friends 😁. And yes, I will binge read them to catch up 😁

message 9: by Jan (new) - added it

Jan  *ahem* Excuse me, Beckett who????
That's so unfair! Meags and you are fighting for someone that is not even around yet ! Unfair, Unfair, Unfair! *insert tantrum*

We talk again in October, when then I can be part of it and pull some hair out! Ghrrrr.
After this review, me wants. ;-)

Virginia Books Jan hahahahaha he’s the shit. And so smart. And hot. October is here! (I’m begging and praying for it at least 😑😑😑 I’ll try to write you later, hun)

message 11: by Jan (new) - added it

Jan  Virginia Books wrote: "Jan hahahahaha he’s the shit. And so smart. And hot. October is here! (I’m begging and praying for it at least 😑😑😑 I’ll try to write you later, hun)"

❤️

R * A Reader Obsessed * Just as good as Leo huh? That's a tall order!

Virginia Books R, I know! I’ve been thinking about it since I finished this one and the I think that the reason to level it with Leo is the banter. Good, smart banter. I’m eager for you to read it.

R * A Reader Obsessed * Well we will just have to see bc Jamie is everything!! Lol.

Christelle R * A Reader Obsessed * wrote: "Well we will just have to see bc Jamie is everything!! Lol."

Agree with you : these girls are promising a lot. And just like Jan, tantrum for having to wait October to make up our mind :-(

Great review, Vir, <3

Virginia Books You’ll see on October, you’ll see ;-)