KimberlyRose's Reviews > Notes from My Captivity

Notes from My Captivity by Kathy Parks

5209299
What a fascinating, heart-rending, human condition story. It isn't a close-and-forget book (although those can be delicious, yes!); rather, it's a can't-stop-thinking-about book. I have such compassion for the YA lead. Her voice is honest, and there's an enormous, moving maturation of her character. All the secondaries are strong, no matter how small their part. I'm not satisfied with the ending--it's acceptable, believable, but I want more.

Extra: The magic realism touch was light and believable, even backed by science, as I learned in Spook by Mary Roach, which I read consecutively.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Notes from My Captivity.

July 10, 2018 – Shelved
July 10, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
July 10, 2018 – Shelved as: fic-present-day-lit-magical-realism
September 11, 2018 – Started Reading
September 11, 2018 – Shelved as: fic-made-me-laugh
September 11, 2018 –
page 43
12.84% "Funny. Intriguing. Colourful. Flows well. Believable teenage voice. Likeable, cocky, o so immature. Feel for her stepdad. I hope she has strong character growth and learns to respect others' opinions as much as she seems to respects her own opinions. Lol."
September 11, 2018 –
page 43
September 13, 2018 –
99.0% "Not happy with the ending--it felt incomplete but I can understand and respect the author's choice. It certainly left me fascinated"
September 13, 2018 – Finished Reading