Louise's Reviews > The Prisoner of Cell 25

Dec 09, 2011

bookshelves: teen-young-adult
Read in December, 2011

Story Description:

“My name is Michael Vey and there’s something you don’t know about me, something that scares people more than you would believe. It’s my secret – and it’s part of the story I’m about to tell you.”

To everyone at Meridian High School, Michael Vey is just your average, ordinary fourteen-year-old. But Michael is anything but ordinary – in fact, he is electric.

When Michael’s best friends, Ostin Liss and cheerleader Taylor Ridley, make an accidental discovery, the three of them learn that there are other kids with similar powers – and that someone, or something, is hunting them.

After Michael’s mother is kidnapped, Michael will have to rely on his wits, his unique power, and his friends to combat the hunters, free his mother, and save the others.

My Review:

This was Paul Evans’ first stab at a young adult novel and he didn’t disappoint!! The story of Michael Vey is filled with action from the get-go and doesn’t let up until the end. You’ll literally be glued to the book until the last page is turned. I can’t wait for the second instalment in the Michael Vey series!! Highly, highly recommended.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Prisoner of Cell 25.

12/13/2016 marked as: read