Cst's Reviews > Asbaran Solutions

Asbaran Solutions by Chris  Kennedy

M 50x66

it was ok
bookshelves: military-scifi

The first book was okay, this one isn’t.

First there is the fact, that I don’t care about any of the characters. I read the first book, I expect the second to expand on that basis. It doesn’t, it tells basically the same story again, only with idiocy as setup. Unlike the first book it never manages to make me care about the characters, I never buy their motivations and never relate to their problems. Then the later half begins and I get the feeling I have been here before. I suspect whenever he writes a book, the author has a list with names he wants to put in the text and that is the second book of his I read which turns into an attendance record. Name after name is mentioned and then disposed of in a bid to create atmosphere. It doesn’t work.
The pacing is off in a way that made me think the two authors work simultaneously. Things that are explained in the first book are explained here again in a way that clearly shows the author hasn’t read the other book.

In a way this is interesting. Seeing how different takes on a basic plot work out is an interesting exercise. It just makes such dull reading.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Asbaran Solutions.

July 9, 2018 – Started Reading