Tari's Reviews > Bones Behind the Wheel: A Haunted Guesthouse Mystery

Bones Behind the Wheel by E.J. Copperman

bookshelves: feb-2019-ereader-challenge

This was the first book I'd ever read in this series, and now I want to start at the beginning! This one was so funny in places, and I just love the author's style of the narration by Alison, the main character. Her sarcasm and quips were cracking me up!

When a body was found inside a Lincoln Continental on the grounds of Alison's guesthouse, her resident PI ghost Paul was excited that they now had another case to work on. For the longest time, Alison refused to have anything to do with the case, but surprisingly her husband Josh was anxious to work on it. He and Paul worked out a texting way of communicating, since Alison, her daughter Melissa and Alison's mom were the only ones able to see the ghosts. The other ghost, Maxie was a hoot! She could be moody and snarky, but in this book she was more interested in decorating Alison's kitchen which was being put back together from a bullet in the kitchen beam.

This was really interesting because there wasn't a current day murder to solve, just the cold case of the guy buried in the car that was in the hole in the yard. I loved how Melissa helped with cases even though she was 13, she was more like the maturity of a much older teen. Since I hadn't read any of the other books, I really had no idea what Josh was like before he started helping out with this case, but apparently he was never interested, so it was pretty cool that Paul thought he would make a good operative, lol. I had definitely not guessed how the man had been killed, what a twist! I thought that the detective in charge was as accommodating as she could be. I got a kick out of Paul going into her office and observing how she worked--along with picking up tidbits about the case. I've got a lot of catching up to do before another book ever comes out.

I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC of this book provided by the publisher via NetGalley, and my opinions are my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bones Behind the Wheel.

July 9, 2018 – Shelved