WycEd Reader's Reviews > Playing Dirty

Playing Dirty by Amy Andrews

29201345

bookshelves: arc-netgalley, contemporary-romance, erotic-romance, sports-romance

Check out our Playing Dirty post on Wicked Reads.

Reviews by the Wicked Reads Review Team

Sarah – ☆☆☆☆

This book is sexy and fun and dirty in the best possible way. A one-night stand between the Smoke’s newest star player and the coach’s daughter causes all sorts of problems when the coach finds out.

Val is the feisty, estranged daughter of the Smoke’s head coach. She also owns her own bakery and makes exquisite Chelsea buns. I loved her as a leading lady. She is funny, self-deprecating, and more than a little bit gobby.

Kyle is a pretty boy rugby star who needs to be taught to play well with others. The banter between Kyle and Val is brilliant and his clashes with her father are epic. This is a deliciously explicit and very sexy read. The chemistry between Kyle and Val is fabulous and their connection is playful and imaginative.

The storyline isn’t a new one in sports romance and the author does rely on some tired tropes, but I loved the rugby and the Australian details are thoroughly entertaining. This is a fun and steamy summer holiday read.

Ruthie – ☆☆☆☆
This is the sixth book in the series – and somehow I have missed the previous books, something I will be remedying soon. I could imagine who got their happily ever after in previous stories, but I loved it without knowing all their details.

Kyle is new to the team, and unbeknown to him he breaks the coach's cardinal rule. This leads to him having to make a very difficult decision – head or heart. Any book which pitches those two against each other, and makes a man have to choose will lead to some heartache, whether his or hers... in this case probably both.

I loved the rugby elements: the issues of being a new player, the family that is the team, the problems of being in love with the coach's daughter, and the impact on the team as a whole. It is important as a background but is also sets up some pretty dramatic moments.

The bakery is a far more sweet and sexy element in the story, and also very heated moments in Val and Kyle's relationships. I love the hygiene authorities comments! It is also the venue for Kyle's big gesture, and in this media crazy world, it was easy to imagine the scene perfectly.

If you fancy a fun, sexy, and sport-based read, then this will surely entertain you.

Reviewers received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

Wicked Reads Review Team
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Playing Dirty.

July 9, 2018 – Started Reading