Angie's Reviews > High Seas & High Stakes: Series Bundle

High Seas & High Stakes by Tamara Gill

liked it
bookshelves: historical-romance

My Review: I picked this bundle up for my pirate month, I haven't read a lot of pirate themed romances but I have enjoyed them in the past. This bundle included 2 short companion stories. The first was His Lady Smuggler and I really enjoyed this story. I love how some of the normal roles were reversed in this story. It did progress very quickly as to be expected with such a short story and I found their behavior to be outside of the norm for the era but didn't mind it because I was enjoying the story and their banter so much. The second story was Her Gentleman Pirate and I didn't find this story quite as enjoyable. Arabella and Stephen had much more traditional roles, it did take a lot longer for their relationship to develop, which I did appreciate but their banter felt more forced. I also a lot more editing issues in the second story, errors in spelling, word use and inconsistencies in events (ie. gagged mouth but then spitting, blindfolded but sees hair color) and that really pulled me out of the story. All in all it was entertaining but as you can get these books individually, I would stick with just May and William's story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read High Seas & High Stakes.

July 9, 2018 – Shelved