Nikki (Saturday Nite Reader)'s Reviews > The Afterlife of Walter Augustus

The Afterlife of Walter Augustus by Hannah M. Lynn

bookshelves: owned, arc-giveway-won, read-2018

3.5 stars rounded up

Normally fantasy and paranormal are not my reading jam, but there was something about the synopsis to The Afterlife of Walter Augustus that piqued my interest right from the start. I had this feeling that Walter Augustus was going to be like Ove (from A Man Called Ove) and I needed to see if I was right. I mean, who doesn’t just love Ove?

Walter Augustus is dead. He is living in the interim until no one remembers him anymore; then he can clear over to the other side and be with the rest of his family. Walter is very close to crossing that threshold when Letty will ruin everything. Letty is alive. Letty is about to be haunted: is she going crazy or are there really such things as ghosts?

It was a super cute read with charming characters; except for Letty’s sister Victoria and her family (stand your ground Letty for goodness sake). I loved Pemberton and felt I could actually smell his pear candy whenever he entered a scene. He was more like Ove, so I was almost right in my initial hypothesis.

I loved the concept of this book and author Hannah M. Lynn delivered a well structured story. It was full of humor and wit. So why 3.5 disco balls versus a 4? There was just one small story line that I wasn’t too keen on, but that should not deter anyone from reading this book. It’s just me being prickly. I recommend you read The Afterlife of Walter Augustus, so we can talk about it. Otherwise my lips are sealed: I don’t do spoilers! Hehe.

The book is on sale as part of the blog tour and available for $0.99 (Kindle) for the rest of the day! Jump on that deal stat!

I received an ebook from the author in exchange for my honest review.

To read my reviews visit: www.saturdaynitereader.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Afterlife of Walter Augustus.

July 9, 2018 – Started Reading