All Things Urban Fantasy's Reviews > Secret of the Wolf

Secret of the Wolf by Cynthia Garner

Dec 09, 2011

bookshelves: reviewed-by-kristina

Courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy

SECRET OF THE WOLF is the second book the Warriors of the Rift series which introduced an interesting concept to paranormal romance with werewolves, vampires, fey, and demons being beings who came over from a parallel dimension. In a way that makes them even more fantastical than they already are and puts a fun spin on creatures we are very familiar with. I kept wanting to actually go to this other dimension since it was described as very interesting though dangerous place.

Potentially as dangerous as that alternate dimension was the romance between Tori and Dante. It was steamy and filled with anticipation as they kept inching towards acting out on their feeling for each other but backing away from any sort of intimate relationship due to various insecurities and concerns. It was a test in my patience waiting for them to get together but the slow build up of trust and acceptance these two go through to get to where they are at the end of the book was worth the wait. I also loved the fact that Dante was the one who was holding back on the relationship and Tori was the one pushing Dante for a relationship or even just a fling.

SECRET OF THE WOLF has a sizzling romance at the core of a thrilling, action packed story The third book in the Warriors of the Rift series; HEART OF THE DEMON comes out in 2013, I can’t wait to find out what happens next.

Sexual Content: some sex scenes

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Secret of the Wolf.